Friday, July 31, 2009

Pop Stars Round 5 (The Finals)

Well, I have to say that this has been an exciting week at Coffee Cake. I can't say I agreed with the way it went down but that happens.

So here we are at the finals and we have Elvis Presley vs Gwen Stefani. I am going to guess that Elvis is going to win this match by a large margin but I have been wrong about so many of the matches this week that if this one went haywire I wouldn't be too badly shocked.

Next week we are doing Cosmopolitan Cities. So get ready to discuss your favorite places from all around the world.

I'll see you tomorrow.
Roger

7 comments:

  1. aren't all cities cosmopolitan to some extent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmopolitan cities should be kind of dull compared to home cooked meals... although I did think pop stars would be kind of dull too but Taylor Swift made that one vanish quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Cosmopolitan Cities is going to be a lot of fun. We'll get to talk about places we've been and places we want to go and why. It may not be as intense and knock down drag out as Pop Stars or Home Cooked Dishes but neither was Fruit and that one turned out to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the first time ever, I'm relieved that I took Urban Geography! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be Eastern Hemisphere vs Western Hemisphere. I just finished seeding the Western Hemisphere. I should have the bracket up in about 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, I don't mean dull in a bad way. I mean dull as in I won't go into nerd rage when someone is crazy enough to vote for something like grilled cheese over chili or Taylor Swift over Prince. Dull as in I will enjoy seeing which city wins versus calling people idiots because they picked Taylor Swift over Prince. [oh yeah, offense intended!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry Angel. The following week should be full of telling. It's Fast Food Joints.

    ReplyDelete