Friday, July 3, 2009

Home Cooked Dishes - Round 5 (The Finals)

So... If you saw yesterday's madness on Facebook, I need to do some apologizing. Let me apologize to Amber "Hippy Pickle", Priscilla, Carol, Alan Stines, Jesus, Betty Crocker, and Mrs. Fields. But most of all, I need to apologize to one of my long time heroes, Cookie Monster. Cookie, I did the best I could. In the end Chocolate Chip Cookies even made a slight come back. I promise I will make it up to you some how.
And let me go ahead and apologize to all of you. I know you don't want the creator of Coffee Cake acting like a damn fool cuz the team he's pulling for is losing. Someone even told me I was acting like this. I know. It's just that I had $100 on Chocolate Chip Cookies with a bookie in Vegas. I'M UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE!! I gotta make my money any way I can!!

So let's look at the finals match. Macaroni & Cheese vs Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Well Grilled Cheese Sandwich, you've pulled off the miracle run and made it to the finals. You've beat just about every one of your competitors with a very strong victory. Can you hold on to do it again versus the tournament favorite? I know I said if you pulled past the last round I would vote for you, but that's just not possible. See, you're up against Macaroni and Cheese. This was the best part of all those big family meals growing up. All of my best childhood memories of my entire family being together revolve around a big dinner table and in almost every case Macaroni & Cheese was there. I always got 2nds. You were nowhere to be found at those moments Grilled Cheese. Why is that? Did you not like my family? Were you too good to come around? You're kinda like that girlfriend I had who never came to my family functions but wanted me at her's. I see how it is now Grilled Cheese. You use me. You pretend to comfort me when I am alone, you and your partner Soup. However, as soon as others come around, you leave me. That's ok, cuz you know who was always there for me when you decided not to share your cheesy goodness with me? Macaroni & Cheese. Still good and cheesy and never looked down on me and my family.
Macaroni and Cheese, for never leaving me out in the cold, I will not leave you in this moment of battle. Take my vote, and carry it on with you, to victory!!

The very dramatic,
Roger Riddle

1 comment:

  1. I think the thing that makes this whole bracket system thing fun is getting all hopped up over grilled cheese sandwich beating out all of these things that are WAY BETTER than it is. I mean, otherwise, we are just doing things by rote and things should matter in life... even hating grilled cheese.

    So, umm, yeah, Macaroni and Cheese all the way!

    But if Grilled Cheese takes it, I am going to be EXTREMELY upset with the food tastes in Macon.

    ReplyDelete