Monday, November 22, 2010

Beer - Round 2 (The Sweet Sixteen)

Well here we are at round 2 of the beer tournament. Some really surprising upsets and some really good down to the wire races. Dogfish Head ended up losing to Blue Moon as I received a great phone call from my boss telling me that we just received a case of Dogfish Head's Miles Davis Bitches Brew and we began planning a tasting and listening party. I got home to see Dogfish Head losing and it nearly broke my heart. But let's look at how the round two matches will shape up.

Budweiser vs Lone Star: The beer from Texas knocked out heavy weight Bud Light and now has to take on it's older brother. I'm going with Lone Star.

Yuengling vs Amber Bock: You're going down Amber Bock! You knocked out Amanda's favorite beer. I know Amanda won't be voting for Yuengling as much as she will be voting against you. Plus Amanda doesn't have anything against Yuengling. I've seen her drink it before but just know that Amanda and I are out to see you fail in this round you fake bock you!! (That really did just make me laugh.)

Guiness vs Stella Artois: Guinness. You can't really go wrong with it. Plus have you seen the new commercial with Jerome Bettis? That commercial alone makes me want to drink a Guinness.

New Castle vs Dos Equis: Dos Equis is getting my vote. Nat Turner and I were sitting earlier today and discussing our favorite Most Interesting Man In The World lines. Mine is "He lives vicariously though himself" and hers was "He can speak fluent French ... in Russian." However the commercial that made me laugh hardest was this.

Miller High Life vs Schlitz: The flavor of Schlitz is what I imagine a headache tastes like.

Pabst Blue Ribbon vs Colt 45: I really want to vote for Colt 45 but truth be told I will be voting for PBR. I can only drink Colt 45 about once a year and I've had my one for this year. I drank one and I was hanging out with my friend Monica. We ended up driving to Amanda's bar that night (OH I JUST HIT YOU WITH A DOUBLE WHAMMY!!). I proceeded to get so drunk that I woke up confused about where I was and I was in my own bed alone. Only Colt 45 can make something like that happen.

Sam Adams vs Bass: I'm going with Bass. Do you know Bass beer was the recipient of the worlds first trademark? Yep. The orange triangle is the worlds first trademark.

Blue Moon vs Fat Tire: I don't know what I am going to do here. I don't drink enough of either one of these to be able to make a clear decision. I'll get back to you all on this one.

Peace and hair grease!

Double R
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Bass website and learned that it was an Anheuser-Busch brand. New useless fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalya, does that fancy blogger logo by your name mean that you are also starting a blog?

    ReplyDelete